If you have natural hair, you know how difficult it can be to keep it looking healthy and growing. One of the most important steps in maintaining healthy hair is properly detangling it. When done properly, detangling can help promote hair growth and keep your hair from becoming dry, brittle, and damaged.
Here are some tips on how to properly detangle natural hair for maximum growth:
1. Start with Wet Hair – When detangling your hair, it’s best to start with wet hair. This will help to reduce breakage and allow for easier detangling. You can either wet your hair with a spray bottle filled with water or apply a leave-in conditioner or oil to help detangle it.
2. Use a Wide-Tooth Comb – A wide-tooth comb is essential when detangling natural hair. The wide teeth help to minimize breakage and minimize damage to the hair. Start from the bottom and gently comb your way up. Make sure to be gentle when detangling, as pulling too hard can cause breakage.
3. Section Your Hair – To make the detangling process easier, section your hair into smaller sections. This will allow you to work on each section individually and give you better control over the process.
4. Apply a Detangler – Applying a detangler can make the detangling process easier and more effective. Detanglers are designed to help reduce frizz, breakage and add slip to the hair. This will make it easier to comb through and reduce the risk of breakage.
5. Use Your Fingers – Once you have applied a detangler, use your fingers to help loosen any knots and tangles. This will help to reduce breakage and make the detangling process easier.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your natural hair is properly detangled to maximize growth. When done properly, detangling can help keep your hair strong and healthy and promote growth.